Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 11, 2011

Better in Blue

Hi All,
Some thing’s look better in color.
lake 071
It is an all wood bookcase.  Solid piece, just a little beat up and blah.
Since I am loving blue lately, I sprayed her after priming.
new look 067
new look 070
The blue is pretty light and appears white in certain lighting.  Very pretty color.
I let it sit for a few days.  I liked it, but there was no wow factor.
So this morning, I got busy.  Here is the result:
bookcase 040
bookcase 038
bookcase 039
To create this look, I sanded in spots, then applied an antique glaze.  Since I have been unable to find the glaze I wanted, I made my own (4 parts glaze to 1 part paint) with leftover brown paint.
Thankfully, I like the finished product best!  Hope you do too!  Excuse the lighting, it is dreary and dark here in Ohio!

Before I forget, Perfectly Imperfect is hosting a Giveaway!  One lucky winner will receive the latest craze- Chalk Paint & a wax!  I plan on winning and have MANY projects I will tackle with my prize!

Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle 
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
XO-

4 comments:

JJ said...

Love it! I could use that in my room for my books.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Like the change to blue! I handy piece!
dreaming-n-color.blogpsot.com

Eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

I love the blue. Big difference. Thanks for the tip about making your own glaze.

Jacqueline said...

I love it blue! I love anything in blue these days....I would love it if you could stop by my link party and link this up!Cute blog by the way Simply Creations Link Party

Post a Comment