Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Simple & Sweet

Hi All,
I just completed a few more pieces for the Decorator Show House later this month. 
This is what I started with:
table and more 024
Of course, this is after it was cleaned and sanded.
DSH 001
Primed and painted in Heirloom White.
I could have stopped here, but it was somewhat ordinary.  So, I lightly sanded it.  I am so glad I did, it really highlights the curves and the details.
DSH 003
DSH 009
DSH 010
I am proud to say that I refrained from staining and just protected it with a poly finish.
I hate to part with this simple piece, it would look great in the cottage!  I hope it finds a new home!
Have a great day!
Linking to some parties:
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House Of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Time to Shine Tuesday @ A Diamond in the Stuff
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
XO-

10 comments:

Polly said...

very cute!

Sherry Hicks said...

Very nice piece and yes it would look wonderful in a cottage!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Its new owners will feel so lucky!

Bonnie@ The Hopeless Romantic said...

very sweet little piece , and such a lovely paint job. Im happy to see that u decided to distress it some, and hope it finds a good home.................Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Very sweet lines to this stool! She is perfectly shabby and chic!
:) ~M

Cathy said...

love it. the sanding was the perfect touch!

Jamie said...

It turned out lovely!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I would have so much trouble giving these pieces up after "saving" them. You did a beautiful job :)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

What a sweet little piece!! Yes, the slight distressing was the finishing touch! Love it!

Cassie Bustamante said...

exactly what you said- simple and sweet!i love it... it's the perfect little table.

Post a Comment