Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Biggest & Best Project Yet!

Hi All,
This is our biggest and best project to date.  It is not finished, but I couldn’t wait to share.
For those of you who are just tuning in, we are at our cottage in Northeast Indiana for the next 30 days.  We went through a major remodel/renovation last year (I will share that soon).  This year our projects are just for pleasure.
Without lots of rambling, let me show you what we started with.
lake 068
This is our fireplace.  It is painted cement block and is the focal point in the main living area.
And now:
Cottage Fireplace 027
Can you believe it?
Hubby and I completed this part in 5 hours today!  It still amazes me.
Want another look?
Cottage Fireplace 026
How about this?
lake 068Cottage Fireplace 026 
Please note: this is not complete, but I could not wait to share!
I will share the details shortly.  Until then, I am just going to sit here and stare in shock that we were able to do this.
What do you think?
XO-
Shannon
Linking up to:
Make It For Monday @ Cottage Instincts
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle 
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbingThe Girl Creative
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

14 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

It certainly has that WOW factor now. Thanks so much for joining the newbie party. Have fun.

Jenny said...

This is on my to-do list!! Great work and I can't wait to see how you did it. I'm encouraged by the five hour timeframe, I'll tell you that! :-) Well done!

Arenschield said...

Holy schniekies! That is crazy cool! Let's do a backyard hearth like that!

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

That is amazing! I love the transformation.

Lisa said...

Wow! This looks amazing! Great makeover and it looks fabulous!

michelle@decorandthedog said...

Love it!!

Renee said...

WOW! I love the look of the stone, looks great!

the cape on the corner said...

wow, it looks great! what a real natural looking piece-only 5 hours, are you serious?

Bridget said...

This makes the room, and I can't wait to see the walls whitewashed to go with it. It really has that lake cabin look now. I can't wait to see what it looks like next week when I come back up. If you want me to bring you some paint/stain for the walls let me know. I'd be glad to deliver. Finish the projects and then get in plenty of R&R the rest of your time!!

BluBabesCreate said...

That was a lot of work! Beautiful job! If you like vintage then come see my daughter's room.

How To said...

I love what you did to your fire place! It looks fabulous!! :)

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

What? What! What? I can't believe it is the same fireplace! Looks awesome!
Can't wait to see more pictures of the renovation.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Come on by and link right up at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY...it looks outstanding!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

Wow, this turned out great! I'd love to do a stone look like this to our fireplace one day. Yours looks beautiful!

Post a Comment