Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A TV SHOW

Hi All,

We had some exciting things happen over here recently!  It started with a phone call from a blog follower and friend.  She co-hosts a local decorating tv show, “We Decorate Columbus”, which airs on Sunday’s on NBC at 12:00 noon.

The show was preparing to makeover an office within a doctor’s office and wanted to transform a desk.  She was kind enough to think of me and the fun began…

I picked up the desk.

Decorate Columbus 001

Using wood filler, I filled the scratch on the top.

Decorate Columbus 004

It has some great lines on the sides.

Decorate Columbus 006

With the drawers removed, I applied one coat of chalk paint in Old White to the legs and base.  As you can see it goes on streaky and requires a second coat.

Decorate Columbus 007

To save my back, I always flip furniture upside down to get the details and the legs.

Decorate Columbus 008

Two coats make all the difference!

Decorate Columbus 012

Two coats on the whole thing.  The stuff all over the drop cloth came from behind the drawers when I flipped it back over!

Decorate Columbus 013

The drawers have one coat.  The brass knobs are original to the desk.  Note: I did remove them to paint, I was just trying to decide if they would work.  Nope.

I will share the fun part later this week!

The episode will air next Sunday, July 10 at Noon on NBC.  Set your DVR.

XO-

Shannon

4 comments:

michelle@decorandthedog said...

What a fun opportunity! Excited to see the finished desk!

Anonymous said...

WOW! My buddy is gonna be on TV. Please fill me in. xo Ra

Cathy said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your blog is really taking you places now (or was your friend a friend before she was a blog follower?) Congratulations, I hope it all goes well.

Post a Comment