Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Barn Wood Coffee Table

A while ago I scored some major goods from a barn.

DSC_1584

One of the things I was most excited about was the barn wood I bought.  I had no idea what I would do with it, but I just loved the possibilities.

DSC_1595

Hubby decided to work some magic and the pictures show the rest of the story!

Spray pain chicago lake 057

Lots of sanding.  She is perfectly smooth.

Spray pain chicago lake 083

Stained with three coats of protective finish.

Spray pain chicago lake 086

Spray pain chicago lake 084

My neighbor found these cast iron legs that worked perfectly for the wood.

Spray pain chicago lake 082

Isn’t it funny how he doesn’t want to part with his baby?  He wants me to get my stuff out (that I worked hard on), but he will find a place for his masterpiece. 

Anyway, it is a beauty and quite unique.  For now, we are keeping her.

XO-

ShannonSig0

Sharing with these gals:

Power Of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Piece of Work Wednesday @  Primitive & Proper
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage

{Primp}

Thursday:
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Remodelaholic Friday @ Remodelaholic

Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest

Look What I Found Friday @ Vintage Revivals

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage

Days of Chalk and Chocolate

7 comments:

michelle@decorandthedog said...

You totally have to keep that! It's so pretty...I mean manly!

Anonymous said...

I would keep it too!

Anonymous said...

It totally reminds me of Lucy Rosen's cocktail table in her living room. It would be great in your cottage! xo-Ra

Cre8ive Motives said...

Wow this is amazing! Barn wood is the best, you can do so much with it :)

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow what a unique table. Your husband did such a nice job!!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your Barn Wood table is Gorgeous.!!!
Im your newest follower on your blog now. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family. come see me if you can.
XXOO Diane

Patty Lunz said...

I love it, What a wonderful work, I love wood. Congratulations

Post a Comment