Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Manly Desk

Black seems to be my color of choice for a few pieces lately. I hope you’ll agree that this desk screamed black.

I originally started with Annie Sloan Old White for this antique.

early march 077

The color of the wood came right through the paint.  Not good.

So I applied another coat.  Still not good.

So I left the desk for a few months a while hoping I could find inspiration.

The top of the desk is leather and has a wood outline.  You can see where I sanded the wood.

early march 077

It seemed rather manly to me.  So I busted out the black latex paint.

black desk 007

I stained the wood on top and cleaned up the leather.

black desk 008

I was able to use the beautiful original hardware.

black desk 013

Forgive me – it’s a manly desk and has the heft to go along with it.  Wasn’t able to drag it outside for a better photo.

early march 077

black desk 013

It’s a great restyled antique desk.  I am pleased with the black.  Hope you like!

XO-

5 comments:

house painter phoenix said...

Nicely restored. You have retained its original look.

DecorandtheDog said...

Fancy! Black was definitely the way to go!

Nicole @My Thrafty Life said...

Black turned out great!

Tat @ Mum in search said...

Wow, totally unrecognisable! I wouldn't mind one of those desks. The problem with the cheap and modern desk I have now is that it keeps on falling apart (apart from not looking half as good).

Polo Chairs said...

Thanks for sharing such useful information. The information provided here is very nice and this information is not available so easily. Therefore I thank the writer for share this useful input. I Love To Read Your Blog and it was Really Helpful for me and it gives good details. Conference Chairs India , Leather office chairs .

Post a Comment